Every blogger wants to increase their subscriber count, but I have realized to increase your subscriber count you need to find out why your readers subscribe to your blog. Yeah you write great content and they subscribe. But what if you are writing good content and seeing no results than what do you do?
Find out why your readers subscribe to your blog? So you can write what they want and get more subscribers.
- You motivate them – Sometimes people subscribe to your blog because you motivate them. Either by showing them your income, or sharing your experience. You motivate them, and they wish to be successful like your site some day.
- They enjoy your company – Well you are interesting. Your readers love the way you talk. They like your tone. They read your blog for fun and they enjoy every bit of it. They know you from some social media like Plurk, and they like to see what you are talking about.
- They want your knowledge – They want to know what you know. They like to learn everything from you. So if I am talking about marketing, you want to learn it. If I am talking about customizing wordpress, you want to learn it. Your readers want to do the same thats why they subscribe.
- They love freebies – If you are giving away something for free. They want it. Alot of readers subscribe to your blog because they want your goodies and freebies that you are offering.
- They want to stay two steps ahead of you – Yes alot of the times your competitors subscribe. Well I subscribe to my competitors blog just to stay updated and see what they are doing. Because I don’t want to stay behind, I want to stay ahead of them. The only way I can do that is if I keep up with them, so I know what speed to put myself on.
Now those are the reasons why your readers subscribe to your blog. So what should you do? Most people will already know what they need to do, but here are some tips to get you started.
- Start Giving – People love freebies, so why don’t you start giving them freebies. Be generous, and try to share some stuff that you know. Your knowledge won’t decrease if you share, but you will only get better.
- Be Interesting – I have came across alot of blogs that have no tone in their writing. I mean come on people lets be realistic. I don’t want to go on a site and read 1000 words that are in blah tone. Make it interesting, funny. Whatever you do just grab my attention. Read my post on why people don’t read your blog that will help.
- Be the Leader – Try to initiate things. I have said that multiple times. Don’t be a follower. Try to innovate. Be imaginative and Be creative.
Now that you know why your readers subscribe to your blog, give them what they want, so more of them subscribe. Also check out my post about How you can find new RSS Subscribers for your blog.